Sunday, July 25, 2010

My 10.00 beauty!!

I can't remember if I posted a before picture of my 10.00 table.  She had a minor injury that hubby repaired easily.  I guess because of her flaw the thrift store figured she was more trash than treasure.
If they could just see her now ... she is definitely a treasure.




The first picture shows the shabby touch of white and sand paper.

The second picture is a tad blurry (sorry)..
but you get the idea of the finished look.


Here is another view of the table resting sweetly upstairs in my hallway.
I don't know for sure if this is where she will stay.  The fun about
this type of decor is...it can be used in so many ways.


                                              
                                         Another close up of the shabby touch.  This project was so fun!


Here is my sweet table with her cloak of white.
In this view she was not roughed up yet.


This final shot is the BEFORE view.. she has good bones but
definitely needed some cosmetic surgery.  I think she is happy with
her white and shabby touch.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.