Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Good Morning!! The sun is finally out! It's been windy and cold this week...made for gray winter-like days. But today it's mild but still breezey.
I hope y'all don't mind my posting some pictures from my home. I definitely am amazed at many of the woman who blog here and all of the talents they display. I don't even come close!!
My darling grand daughter is the featured cutie here. I merely added some collected shells and whatnot's from the beach, a gift and other little things. Nothing fancy and nothing spectacular on the scale of decorating. Just little doodads.


This rocking chair was bought on a dime for my sweet newborn grand baby "Nevaeh" at a Salvation Army. I merely retouched with paint. I have a couple of pink hand crochet baby blankets to cuddle her in from the thrift store as well. (can you believe people would give up such lovely hand made items?) I covered some old pillows with some channel Martha Stewart brand pillow shams. The shams are too big but I just folded them over to fit. No Biggie. The more you wash them the fluffier they get!


This is a mix of my roses and eucalyptus. I found this glass bowl at wall-mart on the cheap. It actually has a tilt style opening .. maybe for the ease of grabbing some candy or something equally tasty? I never use stuff for it's intended use though. I decided to make eye candy instead.
Now all I have to do is get some rose/eucalyptus scent and it will be complete!














I hope you enjoyed my little tour today. I just love blogging here and opening my heart and home. I am slowly gaining some new and very beautiful friends here. Please drop in often and share with me your little corner of the world. You have so much to share and teach me...I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.