Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stuff around the house



Greetings from my home to yours!! I'm still eagerly waiting for new contacts! Will you be my friend? Will you share in some of the simple things that make up my life?
My sweet husband made this banana bread the other day. It was so attractive that I just had to snag a picture of it. He thought it quite strange. Too pretty to not share.


My rag rug is coming along. I am actually unfurling it from a past effort and redesigning it into an oval shape rather than round. It will meet my needs better in one of the bedrooms I'm going to use it in.


I have a sweet little yellow rose
bush my husband bought me on
mothers day several years ago. I dry the flowers for my lovely home-made bath salts and soaps. I have 2 dehydrators (one of which was purchased at the thrift store) and I dry all of the flowers that I can when in season. I don't have a lot but I need to plant more roses. I just love them! I have a Robin Hood bursting at the seams with buds that I will Harvest soon! Anyway friends I hope you enjoyed your visit here today! Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.