Tuesday, June 16, 2009

something shiney...something white

Hello friends...not too much going on today. Rain and being lazy. Posted are just a couple of lovely things sitting in my computer room. Everything you see is second hand or yard sale purchased. The trivet under the glass bowl was black. I painted it white of course. The chippy candle came from Tuesday morning on a clearance rack. I think it was initially an Easter candle that lost some of it's f aux velvet coating. It looked Shabby enough for me. I actually purchased two. The glass bowl came from Habitat for humanity and the glass nuggets from another thrift store.
The glass cake/dome was a 5 dollar deal at a yard sale and the shells were purchased on the cheap too. You can't see too well from the picture but the table rug is made out of fuufuu yarn and plastic store bags that I crocheted. I love making rugs, table runners, purses or what ever out of cheap dollar tree yarn and plastic grocery bags torn into strips. That's another blog altogether. Any way hope you enjoy some of my per ttys. Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.