Saturday, July 25, 2009

summer fun

summer Pictures, Images and Photos

I love summer ...
Frolicking at the beach ... the sand squishing in between my toes
Licking sticky sweet off my fingers from a quick melting ice-cream cone
The tantalizing smell of hot dogs on the grill
The sweet scent of fresh cut grass
Salty skin from an ocean bath
chasing the kids as they gleefully splash into the waves
Noxzema slathered on sun-burned skin
The beautiful sound of wave song
Sea gulls swaying in the breeze
Water glistening like dew kissed diamonds
the sun setting against a riot of rainbow hue
All this and more make for a North Carolina summer
My darling grand son Lucas enjoying the water at Radio Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.