Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do you enjoy wash day? My favorite household chore is washing and hanging my clothing on the line. When Ashley (my now grown daughter with her own baby) was a toddler she loved to hand me her snow white diapers from the laundry basket. I would clip them on the line so the wind and sun could do her work.... talk about smelling fresh?! Wow!! Nothing like it in the whole wide world! Our neighborhood frowns on clotheslines but I don't care. With our economy the way it is ... and with summer still in full swing ... why not take advantage of it? I have some collectibles that I'm showing off here. I actually re pour my laundry essentials into attractive bottles ... it makes the task at hand more pleasant to do and look at. I've been begging my husband to replace the old cord on the iron so I can use it as it still works. I'd rather use it than my newer modern iron.
I have an old ironing board someone was trashing and it too hangs in my kitchen next to an old old hutch my daughter used to hide in when she was little. I don't lay claim to the "how to video" of washing detergent .. however as soon as I can I'm going to give it a try soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.