Monday, August 3, 2009

It's no secret I'm broke most of the time now that I take care of my darling grand-daughter Nevaeh Elizabeth. I don't mind ... money can't buy the loveliness and joy she brings to my life.
That said ... When wanting some creative flow I usually find the goods at a thrift store. Should that fail I hit the Dollar Tree. I've always shopped at Low end stores. Now it's the in thing to do.
Being the wonderfully creative souls you lovely dears are ... I'm sure your creative abilities would do wonders with some of this. Don't you just love those f aux iron birds? And look at those lovely pink tags ... and what about those sweet little reader glasses etched with bling? I bet you could come up with something awesome for those shells! right!?
I never rule out cheap ... I think it's part of the creative challenge. I'll post some stuff later on the uses of my dollar tree bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.