Friday, September 11, 2009

Still working in the Red!




Sorry for the blurry shot! I was trying to point up so you could see the full cabinet area above my washer and dryer. The cabinet appears droopy but I promise it's not!! I decided to remove the doors off these cabinets in preperation of re-doing them. My initial goal was to paint them. After I sanded everything down *that hand held sander is deadly cause lately if it's not moving I'm sanding it!"* and cleaned up the dust I decided to use a stain effect. (to be honest I felt lazy and did not want to use a paint brush) I merely took the paint used from the counter tops and watered it down to a thinner consistancey. Using an old rag I merely buffed the red into the wood allowing the grain to show just as I did on the counter tops. After I buffed, sweated and had red paint all over my body I realized quickly that I liked the effect without the doors!! Once dry I took these red lined baskets and utilized them attractively inside. I forgot about them! Don't they look sweet? I may get more not sure though. Everything else was put back extra neat and now it looks fresh and clean. I still need to paint the walls! Some of the holes that held the hardware were replaced with some white hooks to hold my fly swatter and some car keys. It looks great! What do you think ladies?
The little Jello girl is what I decouapaged on Dakota's red school desk in the kitchen. She is soo cute! The white desk above is also a current project I'm working on. She was 8 bucks at habitat! Of-course a white face lift is what she is getting. I may use this desk for my computer in my sun room when finished. Tooodle loo friends! Have a fantastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.