Monday, August 16, 2010

Back yard Shelter ... cheap ...easy...and very temperary


I have this thing for out door havens ... in particular I dream of a home-made
shabby/hideaway type tent.
I would want to feel the hush of breeze and the dance of butterfly
so an open floor plan would be nice
A sweet table covering laden with roses is a must.
                   
                                                                   Lots of Shabby ... pink ....
Lots of Lace draped over adirondak chairs for lounging.
A book ... a jar with flowers ...another lacey chair
and a star candle for nite time reflection.

  I did a big girl version of the play house yesterday.
Remmember when we were kids and draped old sheets or blankets over
the back yard cloths line? I grabbed up a bunch of table coverings
an old lace shower-curtain .. and my plastic yard chairs.  I camoflauged
everything into shabby and makeshift. I also covered a large lounge
chair in the same material as the top of my tent.  Hubby asked me not to
post the picture because he fell asleep on it .. 
Oneday I want to make a "real tent" using patterned canvas material"
but till then I will just use my trusty string and table coverings.
I also used tall thin tree limbs I cut down and anchored in the ground. 
It took a bit of adjusting here and there but I finally acheived a temperary spot to read
relax in and even take a short summer nap in.  Bug spray came in handy too.
The tent is temperary.  If it needs washing or it rains.. no biggie.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/

Please see the above site to obtain some trully cool stuff on outdoor havens and other wonderful ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.