Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween Romance/Part One



I decided this darling would make an awesome witch..
I plan to frame this in black with a black boa and
some black/Pink satin ribbon for hanging.
This print will be donning a witches hat cut out of black glitter paper.
Maybe I'll glue a black spider along the corner or in the center of the bow.
In the meantime this is a peice I completed before Halloween.
She is still somewhat Gothic though but could be used all the time if your into Goth.

It is embraced with Two frames..one fitted into the other.
The glass was also glued as well as a soft purple boa on the inside surrounding the print.  On the outside directly on the glass I glued a vintage broach.  The frames were spray-painted white and glued together prior to assembly.  I've learned the hard way that the glass breaks easy so handle all with care when cleaning.

I also tied a sheer musky hued peice of material into a bow on the top.
I did not rough up the paint as usual.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I glued a patterned peice of scrap book paper to hide the back.
I also used some of the sheer material to create a hook to hang the print with on the back
(you cant' see it here) and reinforced it with that square peice you see on the top back.
See the next post for a better veiw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.