Thursday, February 5, 2015

Goodies purchased on the cheap from the Thrift Store.  I'll display them in an old bowl




I LOVE old things. It's crazy ... something in my genetic makeup ... I thrill over shabby, chipped, lovingly rugged and worn. The history, the usage and the homespun look is what appeals to me I guess.

  Nothing in my home is expensive or valuable. My kids quite often fuss and call my stuff junk.

  I'll never change. It's all good though ... it reflects my personality. That being said the kitchen gadgets were .50 each... the clock is not old but looks old. I plan to replace the glass face...no biggie...just a few screws .. it keeps perfect time. The oil lamp is old and missing the glass globe. I have extras around the house. It was only 5.00... Can't wait to use it for a romantic dinner with hubby or when summer storms come and whacks out the electricity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.