Sunday, July 12, 2015

Inner thoughts on Childhood


Childhood



she takes flight and vanishes like a wayward bird ...

and quickly dissipatates.

Like the moist sparkle of dew in the morning sun ....

or as a silken moth in the palm of the hand,

it suddenly turns to dust.

The inquisitiveness and innocence wanes like the rush of the ocean tide.

That magical place, once so full of life and laughter fades. The griviences of life is a poisen. The sweetness of childhood becomes edged with bitter.

What was once fragrant and full of color yellows whithers and dulls. The remnants of what was blisters and blows with the beat of the wind.
 



Sweetness of nature becomes a knowing ... an understanding ... "Life is not always fair and sometimes the days of tomorrow brews pain."
 



With time it becoms edged and crusty by the cares of life. It vanishes like a velvet midnight mist in the harsh light of day.

Reality, commitments, death, sickness and responsibilities often consume and lend weight to the soul and heart.

Sadness, overwhelming drudgery and dissappointment smother the sparkle and wonder of life and like a vice around the neck chokes out the vivid spark.

 

Despite the negatives ....

Unrealistic expectations should not shadow nor lord itself over the expression of laughter, creativity, fun and friendship.

Childhood can be ageless.

Growing up should reflect saftey and love.

Nurture and compassion should be the protective ring around the heart. It should be alive with eagerness and anticipation ... like an easy breeze on a spring day.
 



A little one should don the crown of acceptance and spontaintity ... without malice and discontent.
 



There is one legacey I wish to instill in the hearts of my grand children.

It is to always embrace a childlike attitude in every day life and never allow the wirlwindS in life to crush the spirit of wonder and joy that resides in their hearts.
 
i HOPE TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH THAT i MAY BE AN EXPRESSION OF CHILDLIKE WONDER IN EVERYTHING i DO. i WANT TO SHADOW EVERY CHILD ... AND EXPECIALLY MY GRAND CHILDREN WITH THE JOY OF SEEING LIFE THRU COLORED LENSES. lIFE IS HARD AND IT WILL OFTEN REAR IT'S UGLY HEAD SOON ENOUGH. lET THEM FACE THIS WITH CLAIRITY BUT ALSO WEAR A SHEILD OF CHILDLIKE PRENSENCE IN THE FACE OF A BIG BAD WORLD.
 
 

bjk 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.