Sunday, January 10, 2010

a few random projects




Hey sweets. The little picture hanger above was purchased at a thrift store for 1.75. My question with this photo frame is "how can someone part with the darling baby photo's enclosed". That being said it's getting a new face lift. The ribbon is going to be replaced and I'm not sure what color ribbon will be used but...it has already received a white paint redo. I'll post the finished project soon. Ya'll just know that I'm going to enclose pictures of my darling grand-daughter. I'm showing it off in my sunroom.
The second item is a cake tray that I'm refurbishing. I've had it for quite some time. Nothing expensive but utterly sweet. It's already gotten it's first coat of white paint. The glass prisms were removed temperarily. I want it to have a shabby look. It's been so cold the paint nearly turns to ice before it can completely dry!! (not really).

No comments:

Post a Comment

.....................................

My photo
I love shabby,used,chipped,white,old,vintage, antique,junky gently loved stuff. I would love to dumpster dive but I could get a citation from the county. I adore my dogs, my grand kids and bathing in my tub outside. I am sensitive, eager to make friends although self conscious about it. I am faithful and very very generous at heart. I cry over stuff sentimental and sweet. I adore April Cornell clothing (although I can't afford her stuff)and anything sheer and vintage and loose. I'd live in my pj's and never ever wear a bra again. I love the beach and dancing in public places with my grand darlings and day time babies. I adore my kids and love my hubby although I could kill him a time or two. Yard sales and thrift stores are my died and gone to heaven activities. I love to spend money on these but usually am broke.